New Port Richey’s Most Accident Prone Intersections
Understanding what makes some road intersections more dangerous than others and knowing which local intersections are the most accident prone can help you improve your chances of avoiding a serious and potentially fatal crash. That being said, the legal team at the law offices of Florida personal injury lawyer Jeffrey W. Hensley, P.A. has performed some research to compile information on the city of New Port Richey’s most car accident prone intersections.
A Look at New Port Richey’s Most Dangerous Intersections
Many people wonder where will they find the most accident prone and dangerous New Port Richey intersections? To determine which intersections had the highest risk for accidents, our team looked at information provided by insurance companies, as well as published news reports and a number of other sources.
Our team found that the following sites were regarded as New Port Richey’s most car accident prone intersections:
- The intersection of State Route 19 and Main Street in New Port Richey has been the site of numerous accidents in recent years, including some serious crashes.
- The intersection of Madison Street and Main Street in New Port Richey is situated right near the public library, which pulls in lots of traffic. It’s also quite dangerous due to the numerous blind spots, which make this another dangerous intersection.
- The intersection of Massachusetts Avenue and Congress Street in New Port Richey has been deemed a car accident prone intersection due to its high number of crashes, some of which have also involved damage to property in the area.
What Makes a Dangerous Intersection?
Many people assume that intersections are hazardous primarily due to the propensity of some drivers to run stop signs and red lights, making these intersections even more dangerous. In fact, this type of crash accounts for just 165,000 of the 2.5 million intersection accidents each year. These types of accidents actually account for less than ten percent.
Therefore, what makes some junctions a car accident-prone intersection? Here are a few of the most common risk factors:
- Long straightaways that allow some drivers to reach high speeds.
- A high volume of vehicle traffic, pedestrian traffic, and non-motor vehicle traffic, like skateboards and bikes.
- Confusing intersection configurations or traffic markings that are unclear.
- Highways, which involve high traffic volume and a higher percentage of out of town drivers who are not familiar with the intersection.
The most dangerous intersections in the city of New Port Richey and beyond have multiple risk factors.
If you’ve been injured in one of New Port Richey’s most car accident-prone intersections, consult with a top personal injury attorney like Jeffrey W. Hensley, P.A. Discuss your car accident in a free, fully confidential consultation by calling 727-781-3433.